From: Bob W7KWS <b...@fullermail.org>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:43:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Fw: P3, Remote Viewing via the Internet

Daniel,

Thanks for the tips.  I have RemoteRigs between my two locations which will
be converted from my TS-480 to the K3/0 and K3 combination.  My router is a
Dual WAN Peplink Balance 20 since I have both DSL and cable here.  Both ISPs
have troubles from time to time and the router tests each circuit every five
seconds for Internet and fails over to the alternate ISP if necessary.  The
real bottleneck will be at the other end where the P3 will have to work
through a 768 kilobit/sec. upload limit.

The router on that end is a Cisco SPA-3102 VOIP router and I'm not likely
going to change that or I'll not have off-premise-extension telephone
between the two locations.  Since it tags its own voice packets for QOS
maybe it can be configured to do the same for other protocols.  I'll check
into it.  Maybe the RemoteRig has that capability.  I'll check that as well.

My round trip ping time between the two locations is usually around 110
msec. which has not been a problem to date.  My worry on latency is that I
don't currently know what the Slingbox will add to that with its video
buffer.  I know it will be some but I really am not sure how to measure that
from one end without a real time reference as to when the video was sent.  I
guess I'll just have to try it.

Good ideas Daniel.  Thanks!

Bob, W7KWS