I have been using cocoaModem for a couple of years now on 3
separate rigs, including a K3. My favorite trick for not having
it work is to forget to press the "activate" button in the
Config dialog. Also be sure to set both the input and output
codecs in that dialog.

I use a Signalink USB and am not familiar with the iMic dongle.
However, you should see it in the dialogs as an alternative to
"Built-in input/output".

When debugging these things, seeing any kind of audio input on
the waterfall tells you that input is working. Hook up a
microphone or play a CD/iPod etc and be sure you can see it. (If
you can see the input you can also hear when you turn up the AF
control on the radio, than that path should be working and you
should be able to decode digital signals.

On output, it sounds like the output of the sound card isn't
getting to the K3. Check the cable between the card and line-in
on the K3. Also check that the multitude of K3 config settings
are correct. (The manual is quite good for getting them right.)
You should be in Data-A mode on the K3.

I have been using RumLog, but I don't have the interface to
cocoaModem set up and just transfer the data with cut/paste. Two
years ago, on a much slower mac, the automatic connection tended
to freeze both of them requiring force-quit to recover,
embarrassing during a QSO. I think a faster computer makes this
problem much less likely.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV