From: Jim Lowman <jmlow...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Power Supplies
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 3:02 PM

Someone had recommended the crimper for Anderson Power Poles from Powerwerx.
While I was looking at that, I looked at their power supplies.

The SPS-30DM looked interesting, so I ordered one.
Ordered Tuesday afternoon, and I received the shipping notice and UPS
tracking number the same day.
Today it arrived.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I have to
give Powerwerx credit for fast delivery!
Of course they're located less than 50 miles from here; even closer than
HRO.

I was surprised at how small it is!  It comes in at 6" x 5" x 2-1/2" and
weighs only 3.7 pounds.
Certainly, it's smaller and lighter-weight than my Astron RS-35M.
Rating is 25 A continuous and it has front-panel meters for monitoring
voltage and current.
Also conveniently located on the front panel is a switch for a
continuous supply voltage of 14.1 or variable from 5-16 volts.

This p/s should be ideal, not only for powering the new K3 but also for
charging the NiMH batteries for the KX3.

7273 de Jim - AD6CW