Lets say during Field Day of this year I was using my K2 to help some older
tube type equipment to find eachother on frequency. Lets say then I made it
a practice to turn the RF Gain down on the K2 when checking the transmitter
frequency. Then lets say by accident one time I forgot to turn the RF Gain
down on the K2 and it took a full blast (with the volume turned pretty far
up) hit with the RF Gain all the way up due to being up all night working
CW. Then after that the K2's receiver just doesn't sound the same, strong
signals will just sound over driven.. like a speaker is blown or something.
What kinds of things could have happened and what kinds of things would be
good to start looking for?

James Kern KB2FCV