Dave:

Do you have a KAT2 installed in the K2 and are you using the tune button to
key the K2?  The KAT2 will automatically reduce the power to 2 watts when
operating in the tune mode.  Try using a hand key to key the K2.

73
Jim  K4ZM

Dave Wrote:

On July 14th my k2 (along with my ts2000, ts450, tmd700) where damaged
when my next door neighbor's house got hit with lightning. Now my k2
will not put power out over 2 watts max it will adjust down but not up
anyone got any idea where to begin to look at what took the damage. What
stinks about this is the k2 was not hooked up to an antenna and it was
turned off and the serial cable was not hooked to the computer that also
got killed. So I am at a lost as to where to start. I sent an email to
elecraft support but have not heard anything back yet so I thought I
would ask this illustrouis  group.