James wrote:
The mystery was solved!
   I totally forgot the K2 took a 'header' off the table when some
yutz was grabbing some feed line and the radio landed on it's back
during field day. When I took the radio apart today I could see the
speaker didn't look right. I installed an elecraft replacement speaker
and it sounds as good as new, thanks guys!

We've head stories (and I experienced it first-hand) of speakers apparently
getting bent frames in shipment, but yours is the first I've heard of
getting bent while installed in the rig!

Good to know the K2 is stronger than the speaker <G>.

Ron AC7AC