Most of those other programs actually work, though.

Programs like Logger32 (free and well supported) are modular and easily
tailored to be as simple as you want them to be.  And did I mention that
they actually work like they're supposed to?  I was a registered user of
ACLog for a while but got fed up with it's faults and shortcomings, got
tired of N3FJP's excuses for the problems that other programs didn't
have, and abandoned it long ago.  I realize you don't intend to do that,
but in my opinion it's a self inflicted wound.

73,
Dave   AB7E