From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:04 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] N3FJP rig control settings?

Depends what you want in a logging application.
If you're just interested in electronic logging and don't want rig control
it's just fine.

If you want rig control, real time spotting network integration, flexible
award handling and tracking including log database sorting, integration of
LoTW and eQSL, ADIF and Cabrillo import and export, etc, etc, etc... Look
elsewhere.

I use the DX Lab Suite. It's free (I'm cheap) for general logging and N1MM,
also free, for contesting.
Others will sing the praises of Ham Radio Deluxe but it's free days are
numbered if not over and it sometimes sucks the very life out of your
computer (a little buggy).
Still others like Logger32.

If DX Lab wasn't free I'd pay for it.

On 06/03/2012 07:41 PM, Jim Lowman wrote:
> I was just looking over the N3FJP software and am glad that I ran
> across these comments.
> I liked the idea that it would support Field Day, the ARRL VHF
> contests and other major contests, as well as many state QSO parties.
>
> Anyone have anything good to say about the software?  Alternatives
> with the same capabilities?
>
> 72/73 de Jim - AD6CW

-----
No virus found in this message.