Agree all the way. For daily logging and superb tracking (there are gobs of
awards that can be tracked and user-defined fields if you need even more),
I also have used DXLabs for quite some time (five or six years). There *is*
somewhat of a learning curve. The author of the suite (who also co-hosts an
excellent forum) recommends learning a specific piece, then learning
another one and so forth.

If you're only interested in single-op situations, N1MM is also free and is
pretty easy to set up. If you want to get involved in multi-rig or multi-op
situations, it can be somewhat more complex. In either case, the N1MM forum
has participation from the authors and is very, very well supported.

Art - N4PJ