Keep in mind that the PR 40 microphone is very sensitive to 'proximity
effect' (where close-talking the microphone results in a significant
rise in low frequency output). I'd suggest that you keep at least 3 to 4
inches away from the microphone while speaking, and keep that distance
*constant* as you experiment with your K3 TX EQ settings.

73, Dale
WA8SRA