Can I add my "AMEN" to the thoughts below?

I also use a CM500 after dialing in some EQ and processing
and, especially, TX GATE for my rather noisy operating
environment (its either the garage next to the laundry or no
shack, so I make do!)

Although I do find it fun to test the AM capability of my
receivers listening to ESSB guys.  Some have enough energy
past the carrier frequency that you can demodulate their
signals in AM... All that bass creates a phantom carrier.
These guys were ahead of their time in the unintended
implementation of MDCL technology (Modulation Dependent
Carrier Level, a way of saving electricity at AM stations
newly blessed by the FCC for broadcasters).

My station on air sound may not be very "manly", as an ESSB
guy once told me on the air, but in most cases, the other
guy tends to copy me well...  And that is what this game is
all about, right?

-lu-w4lt-
K3/P3/K1

Message: 18