I really think this thread has been about hams wanting to sound like
the announcer on the big time radio station with a million dollar
transmitter and a studio.  That kind of sound is not really in the realm
of amateur communications, nor the budget.  We'd need a different
license to sound that way.

My $0.02 worth....

...bill  nr4c