From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ronald Nutter
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:24 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] CW Key suggestions ?

Thanks to all that have responded to my previous questions.

The next thing I am looking at is getting a CW key.  I am thinking about
getting the "plug-in" key that is an option for KX3.  Since the KX3 that
I have ordered probably wont be in my hands until sometime around
Christmas based on the other emails I see of order date to ship date, I
am looking at getting a CW key for the FT817 I will be using in the
interim.

I am thinking about possibly getting two different keys - a straight
key, possibly a Nye-Viking type and maybe something similar to the
Iambic keyer paddle as my cw skills improve.  While I probably wont do
CW all of the time, it doesnt hurt to be more fluent in that mode than I
currently am.

Would appreciate any suggestions in this area that anyone here has.

Thanks,
Ron
KA4KYI