On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Kevin Kleinfelter <ke...@kleinfelter.com>wrote:

> ...I've become attached to a 'waterfall' display...

==========
The K3 has IF out, which can be used with a cheap Softrock to give you a
great display via NaP3 or other SDR software.

> ...I saw one of your postings from about 18 month ago, where you said you
> thought that knobless SDRs were a dead end....

=========
Well, they were for me. I like working DX in split CW pileups, and you
gotta have knobs. There are guys who will assert that you just spot the
station working the DX and click on him, but literally 5 minutes (or less)
in a major-league pileup will show you that that's absurd. Besides, why not
have a screen-based SDR plus knobs? The second alternative is a perfect
superset of the first, so it has to have more functionality, res ipsa
loquitur.

Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352