Why do you need that connection? As long as the amp has its own swr
protection /bypass switching mode, then the k3/kx3 only needs to look at the
amp input match using its own swr detection and determine its power output
into the amp input.

If the load goes bad the amp protects itself, stays in bypass, then presents
the mismatch direct to the k3/kx3 which also then protects itself. A no
brainer.

But no connection to feed K3 or KX3 with SWR data.  The AN762 and EB27A both
will have a PTC to control a fan. and LED for overtemp indication.  No plans
to include SWR/overtemp foldback on gain.  I am trying to hold price and
that gets difficult when you add the "kitchen sink"!

Go thru the process of sourcing parts on a piece of equipment like an amp
and one gets real appreciation for costs.

73, Ed
I am harboring hope to bring a few assembled amps to an outside booth at
Dayton next year.