Hi All,

Actually, I think this thread is totally relevant to this reflector given
the fact that it has the capability of mating nicely to the KX3!  It's not
like we are discussing something that bears absolutely no relationship to an
Elecraft product.

In any event, I would add a few comments about the new Ten-Tec amp.  I do
agree it seems to be very "aggressively" priced--in the wrong direction--but
that's Ten-Tec's call.  I can't honestly say whether or not it is justified,
but apparently the folks in Sevierville think it is.

A good friend of mine, W5JAY, was a field tester on this amp, and he and I
did some on the air testing with it while he had it.  I know Jay was
reasonably impressed with the product, and he doesn't give positive
impressions easily.  I was actually going to do some "hands on" testing of
it after Jay was done, but I had to decline because of our pending trip up
here to the northwest.  Besides, I don't think I could have added much to
the process since Jay is very good at putting equipment through it's paces.
Anyway, what I "heard" sounded very good, and what Jay was seeing first hand
seemed to suggest that the amp was a good product.  I also saw it at Dayton,
and it does, indeed, appear to have a lot of redeeming features.

I have every reason to assume that the upcoming Elecraft amp will very
effectively compete with Ten-Tec's product.  I'm sure most of us hope it
will compete effectively as to price as well.  I'd be hard pressed to
justify Ten-Tec's pricing in my budget, but I also have a couple of options
on hand already.  Heck!  I even still have my old Ten-Tec 405 linear, from
my days of operating with the original Argonauts.  In any event, it will be
up to Elecraft to make their product more desirable, and I wouldn't bet they
won't do it.  I'm thinking, but I just can't bring any Elecraft product to
mind that didn't have, when it was introduced, some really unique and
intriguing features to it.

Anyway, while I know there is a very large amount of interest in an amp like
this, given the incredible success of the KX3, I'd be very reluctant to jump
on Ten-Tec's offering before I knew for sure just what the Elecraft is going
to offer.  I think we've already been given a bunch of clues about close
compatibility.  For just a small example, look at the instructions for the
KX3 regarding antenna selection and tuner operation.  We've all heard it
said that "patience is a virtue", and this may be a very good opportunity to
learn how true that is.

Dave W7AQK

N3KHK Said:

Hi all

Is this the TEN-TEC reflector?

Enough on this topic PLEASE, PLEASE.

Will someone create a new group just for this new amp?

73 ES CUL  DE  N3KHK