$785 on the face of it looks high.  The K3 internal 100w amp costs
$500 installed and $450 as a kit.  But is it not a stand-alone unit
so missing chassis and connectors and other items.  I believe the
KXPA-100 was targeted for about $800 (Wayne/Eric correct me if wrong).

I am still working on making up CCI AN762 PA kits with auto-band
control (option) and internal LP filter board in a 5.5x5.5x11.0 inch
package.  I still have the prototype filter board to submit for
estimates from the pc fabricator.  My pre-production est. cost is
$449 for 5w/140w 13.6vdc 160-10m amp.

http://www.kl7uw.com
take the link to Kits "made" by KL7UW

73, Ed - KL7UW