Hi,

Agreed on both points. Others have pointed out that wideband noise on
transmit is often much higher than the phase noise produced by the
synthesizer. My neighbor (3 doors = 240' away) is a good example of noise
produced by the transmit amplifiers rather than the synthesizer. He uses
mostly CW and his IC-756 has strong wideband noise even with key up (I am
sure he does nut run full QSK). The key up noise must be produced by his
amplifier chain, not the synth. It of course also completely rules out noise
from my synthesizer as the cause.

AB2TC - Knut

Alan Bloom wrote