Eric:

The only problem I had was with the length of the LED backlight. Page 4
shows an illustration that says to cut it to 1-1/4", but doesn't say
anything about having to cut it in the directions. Mine had obviously
already been cut...poorly. It was cut at an angle and was about 1-1/2" long.
This is a little too long for the space it fits in, but probably would work.
I recut it squarely to 1-1/4" with a razor saw before removing the masking
tape used during the original cutting.

The mis-cutting is MY FAULT! And for that I sincerely apologize. Elecraft was anxious to get this mod out to users and I volunteered to cut the (K2) backlights into K1-sized pieces for them on my desk-top bandsaw. Apparently I must have mis-measured when I placed the center point on your backlight.

Sorry about my error. Though I'm glad to hear you were able to recover cleanly.

I'll be much more diligent in the future when cutting the next batch of backlight.

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS