I use a West Mountain Radio Super PWRgate PG40S between my HB 100 Amp
P/S and three server room backup batteries in parallel to power all
of the 13.8V devices in the shack, including all the equipment that
came with wall warts (I cut the P/S's off and use the cable and
plug).

Once I did one of my regular tests of that backup system by turning
the P/S off.  Two weeks later when the voltage dropped low enough to
make the K3 warn me I noticed that I had not turned the P/S back on.
By the way, I never turn my K3 and equipment off.  That means that
the batteries supported my system for two weeks before going low
enough to cause problems.

The West Mountain Radio device is a good swith-over device, although
a little pricey.

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member