If the smoke detector is wired to the AC line, wrapping as many turns of the ac wiring as possible around a ferrite toroid or rod should cure it. The little Radio Shack split toroids sold for this purpose work. Or you could replace it with a battery-powered model. If you already have a battery type, try this: cover the entire unit with aluminum, punching holes everywhere that there are openings in the plastic of the unit. I had to do this with a battery powered CO detector.