You buy your junk and I'll buy mine. You're a funny guy 8>)

Fred/N0AZZ

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of David Gilbert
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:31 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Fwd: K3 Microphone Choices

You, my friend, are the hypster's legal prey.  There are many areas in life
where price and quality are practically unrelated, and those who look for
quality based primarily on price are either ignorant or too lazy to do the
research.  Even the "plastic vs metal" criteria doesn't hold up in the real
world, and when dozens of people point out the incongruity of spending $150
for a Heil mic that is no better (and probably worse) than something that
can be had for $50 or less, the wise would pay attention.  A  $20 electret
computer microphone will sound and function every bit as a Heil when
properly set up with the K3.

"The same could be said be said about buying a loaded K3/P3 SVGA for $5500+
instead of an IC-718 for $700 both radios?"

Or maybe the same could be said about spending $12,500 for an IC-7800
instead of $5,500 for a loaded K3/P3.  Oh wait ...

A $900 toilet seat is still just a toilet seat.

Dave   AB7E

On 3/14/2013 3:52 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
> The same could be said be said about buying a loaded K3/P3 SVGA for
> $5500+ instead of an IC-718 for $700 both radios?
>
> Myself I prefer a better quality of radio, mic and microHAM equipment
> over Signalink. I hate to have a weak link in an otherwise good
> station and then quality comes into the picture plastic vs. metal.
> That said I do have several "plastic mic's in the shack 2
> Elecraft/Heil headsets and 2 Elecraft hand mic's K2/KX3.
>
> Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.
>
> Fred/N0AZZ

-----
No virus found in this message.