Joe, you are overlooking one thing.

>>>  trying to
duplicate the complex overtone structure of classical strings using a
microphone designed for the job is essential. <<<

There is nothing more complex in overtones than the Human Voice. Period.

I wonder why Electrovoice mic, both the EV 20 and the EV 27 are known
throughout the Broadcast Industry.

BTW, Amateur Radio and Commercial Broadcasting has one thing in common.
They are both reproducing the Human Voice through a known (irrespective of
bandwidth) medium.

((((73)))) Milverton