Mark,

this is exactly what I do. The LiFePO4 has a little more weight, but the cells
are robust
and have the correct voltage and probably can do more charge/discharge cycles.
I think the trouble with a voltage regulator is not worth the very little gain
in weight.
Regarding the Eneloops in the KX3 I do not know if they take over the supply if
the external
power supply drops under 10V, but usually there is a switch in the plug which
switches off the
internal battery. I'll have to check this out.

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
Es ist schwieriger, eine vorgefasste Meinung zu zertr³mmern, als ein Atom.
 Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), Physiker

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013