Hi Phil,

I've seen similar approaches for regulating the heater voltage a vintage
Russian military tube receiver. There's a series resistor in the circuit that's
connected when the batteries are fresh-charged, and this resistor is bypassed
with a switch when the battery voltage falls inside the normal operating range
of the tube heater (there's an embedded volt-meter in the tube received for
visual check, just like there's such menu in the KX3).

This method is less power efficient than when using a modern SMPS, but it's
very "low-tech" and reliable (simpler systems have less and usually more
obvious failure modes).

73,
Nikolay // LZ1NRD

----- Цитат от Phil & Debbie Salas (dpsa...@tx.rr.com), на 13.05.2013 в 14:45