An LDO is also a simple option for a higher voltage pack. KX3 RX current decreases as voltage goes up due to the internal switching regulators, but minimum TX current at 10W out will likely be somewhere around 13V. The optimum between the two will probably be around 13.5V, so that would be a good place to set the LDO output. An LDO with very low drop is the MIC29502. Typical dropout voltage for 2A will be about 200mV, and at RX currents will be around 65mV. This low a drop really isn't necessary here though.

But if the goal is to run the TX at 10W CW, the best power efficiency will occur with an external supply voltage ~11.8V (or the lowest voltage before rollback to 5W). So an efficient buck regulator set for about 11.8V ought to give the best battery life. The trade-off will be TX SSB IMD, where a higher voltage will help.

73,
Rich  AC7MA