From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <li...@subich.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:46:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 & SDR/IQ

> SpectraView's HF tracking mode doesn't allow for an IF tuning offset
> on frequencies higher than the design limit of the SDR-IQ itself. I
> know the IF frequency is well below that, but the software was never
> supported "tracking panadapter" operation on 6M to the best of my
> knowledge. You can still see the IF spectrum, but you won't have a
> operator-transparent tracking ability.

Fortunately, that information is incorrect. I just retrieved my SDR-IQ
from the shelf, connected it to the IF loop on my P3, loaded SpectraVue
set the External Radio/Panadapter Setup as recommended in the SV help
file and was running with a "tracking panadapter" on six meters.

I used the 2nd CAT port capability in microHAM USB Device Router to
provide the serial splitter function and the K3 tracks clicks in the
SV spectrum/waterfall and SV tracks frequency changes from VFO A on
the K3. Operation is the same on 6 meters as on 160 through 10.

The only issue is the constantly changing IF offset in the K3 (IS)
which SpectraVue does not track. This results in a variable frequency
error based on mode.

73,

... Joe, W4TV