I use SpectraVue as a panoramic adapter with my K3 and three XV transverters.
Connected to the K3's IF out is an SDR-IQ, which is connected using the USB
port to my PC.

I don't have any issues with a 'variable frequency error' on 6 meters or any
other band.  I can point and click to a signal on the monitor and the K3 will
follow, and vice-versa, regardless of the band or modes.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS