Don,

That's one of the problems I'm exposing.  The Elecraft website is a mess.

http://www.elecraft.com/software/KRC2/elecraft_KRC2_Config_software.htm

They need to take a broom to the site and get rid of the detritus and "only"
show what is currently supported and actually works.

As I stated, I know the "preferred" method is using the aux bus, but if it's
advertised that it can sit on the RS-232 bus then it should work there.  If
not, remove all references to RS-232, other than firmware installation.

Wes