All,

The setting of CW on SSB here is not set to help with tuner and amp
operation, (although a tap is faster than a hold) ;o).  I've  set it
that way because when I work 6m, 2m and 70cm phone, it's advantageous
to be able to send CW when propagation fades.

Some may disagree, but in my opinion, (and I could be wrong) CW is
still the most reliable form of communication during poor conditions,
due to it's narrow band width and narrow filtering possibilities.

Tom