If I am correct, then you can most certainly take advantage of your 6
kHz AM filter which will limit your broadcast audio bandwidth to 3.0
kHz.

That only applies in AM transmit because of the double sideband nature
of AM.  If you use the 6 KHZ filter for SSB/ESSB/DATA receive, the
entire filter passband is used for one sideband ... one edge of the
filter is placed at 50 Hz in SSB/ESSB or 200 Hz in DATA and the other
edge of the filter is 6+ KHz away from the carrier ... more than enough
for the 4200 Hz HF limit in the DSP.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV