BUT,

The filter that must be specified for DATA mode TX is the 2.7 (or 2.8) kHz filter. You cannot use the wider filters for DATA mode transmit - the firmware prevents it (unless you lie to the K3 about which filter is which width). You can use a wider filter for receive, but that does not help transmit. The transmit audio width is fixed by the DSP, so a wider filter will not increase that limit.

What is wrong with using the split arrangement that is provided by the computer software - no "work-arounds" needed, it makes everything seamless, and can automatically put the K3 into split mode.

73,
Don W3FPR