I have had the board off a couple of times to reseat and then to change out the
voltage reg IC and to
adjust the trimmer.  I have done a visual inspection but will check that all
hardware is
securely fastened.  May have to invest in another assembled board if nothing
else works.

Thank you all for the ideas.

Gary W7TEA

-----