As far as water proof... no connector not PL 259 crimp or solder are water
proof without
doing a good tape job or using some of the spray on rubber sealant.

Water proofing connector is an art in it own.  3M make some shrink tape that
works good, but now a lot of people are using this spray on rubber sealant as
advertise on TV.  So far
it looks to be holding up good an can be removed easy once it setup, it also
remain flex able,

If you think water proofing a PL 259 is hard at average ham heights of 30 to 80
feet try waterproofing a N connector on the end of 7/8 " helix at 300 ft plus
feet in the air.

Good Luck all

Bill,W0WFH