From: W0WFH Bill [via Elecraft]
[mailto:ml-node+s365791n758073...@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:06 AM
To: kd7gc
Subject: Proper installation of PL 259's

Having been a Motorola field tech. and shop manager for over 35 years.  I have
installed
thousands of PL 250's.  Motorola back in the mid 1980's start suggesting
installers use
crimp on connectors because of too many redoes on mobile installations.  Most
of the
service problems on new installations was bad solder connections of PL 259s.

So Motorola developed a nice crimp on PL 259 an a special crimping tool to go
with
the connectors.  Being an old school tech.  I had some reservations as too how
they would
hold up in ruff service installations.  Well they held up very well an are
still being used today.

So, if you want good crimp on PL259s go to your local Motorola Service Shop an
buy some
connector.

Bill, W0WFH
Post: mailto:[hidden email]

  _____

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Proper-installation-of-PL-259-s-tp7580733.html

To unsubscribe from Elecraft, click here
<http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=365791&code=a2Q3Z2NAcS5jb218MzY1NzkxfDE3MzQ0NDk4ODY=>
 .

<http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
 NAML