On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Dr. William J. Schmidt, II <
b...@wjschmidt.com> wrote:

> So far I've counted 96 posts on soldering connectors onto coax.  Really?

Yeah, really.

A lot of people take really common stuff for granted, like soldering
connectors onto coax.  For those of us who don't have decades of
experience/mistakes under their belt (and who got their ticket in the era
of the internet and pre-made coax), small things like this (which have big
impacts) are lost to convenience.

For every person like me who freely admits that I dont know the correct way
to solder a PL-259 and thought pre-made was 'good enough', there are
probably 10 who are too afraid to come forward to admit it.  You should be
happy that some of us /want/ to make their own coax instead of the premade
stuff.  Isn't that keeping a little part of the 'real' hobby alive.

I'll get off your lawn now.  Im just a young whippersnapper.

Frank
KG6EYC

--
CW: NAQCC #6554 | SKCC #10435 | FISTS #16155 | SOC #1038 | FPQRP #3186
Digital: FHC #4224 | 30MDG #6370 | DMC #5698