I and several others in this area have been using the Flex Seal or something
like that on connectors for 4 or 5 years now. Spray can or paint on both
work
very well. Have had no or heard of any failures or problems using this
stuff.
I now use it on all mechanical points on antennas that have a bolt/nut type
of arrangement. No nuts backing out from vibration etc. If you have to open
up the connector or joint the stuff comes off cleanly.
The best guys in the business can make a bad connector from time to time.
My best advice would be to take your time when doing any connectors. I also
use crimp connectors on all jumpers that are in use indoors. A good quality
tool is essential.
I think someone mentioned before to start with a dry connector and keep it
that way through the process.
Do not use any silicon grease inside any connector for any reason even if
Andrews tells you to. Just do not do it.
73

             K0AZ
       Mike Sanders
EM37cd SW Missouri