I use the Bose QC-15 as about all I do is CW and the audio on these
is wonderful. The noise cancelling though is almost 100% perfect; my
old Alpha with its blower is 18" from my head and with the QC-15 on I

can't but just barely tell the amp is on or off.

I was thinking about getting a headset with a mic & though Bose does
make the A20 for pilots, at $1100 for what is essentially the QC-15
with a boom mic, I'll pass. They do make a A100T snap on mic for the
QC15 but they are $250 for just the mic. I was referred by quite a
few people here to check out the Yamaha CM500 for a fine mic, quick
match to the K3 and comfortable headsets & at $59.

I'm so happy with the Bose QC15 that I'm going to keep using these
and am going to need to figure out another way to get a mic into the
K3 in a way that will be convenient for contesting should I ever
decide to do a phone contest. I have an Electrovoice RE-10 which
would probably be nice & needs no power & maybe I can make a clamp-on

boom that I can remove from the desk once the contest is over. I also

have several condenser mics but they are for recording and would be
excess and just problematic for ham use.

Anyone have any suggestion of a removable boom mic other than the
A100T that will attach to the QC-15 and make it simple to use and
then remove when the contest is over? I don't want to use velcro.

Thanks & 73,

Gary
KA1J

---