I also really like the bose qc15 headphones and had been considering one of the
add on
microphones that are available, like

Expensive one
http://uflymike.com

Or
http://www.headsetbuddy.com/clearmic-noise-canceling-microphone-for-bose-qc15-headphones/

Or more generic
http://www.modmic.com

Or DIY
http://www.freewebs.com/k1dg/boseheadphonemod.htm

The qc15 comes with a mic as well but not a boom style, just on the cord like
for iPhones.
The qc15 was more comfortable for me in a 32 hour single op rtty contest than
my other
choices.  The noise canceling does not have the hiss or the distortion of rtty
side tone and
noise like the cheaper noise canceling 'phones do.

I have decided for my limited ssb operation I think my cm500 or heil proset
will do just fine.
(Well at least for now)

Mark. N2QT

I use the Bose QC-15 as about all I do is CW and the audio on these