My perception is that the JIS drivers are the best fit for Elecraft screws. I've never gotten a response from Elecraft about their choice of drivers.
73, doug

On 18-Jan-14 16:03, Gary Smith wrote:
Absolutely true. Same for Japanese motorcycles which I repair, JIS is
the only screwdriver to use on those screws. & As Charlie said, they
are ID'd by the dot on the head.

Gary
KA1J

If you're REALLY serious about using the right tools, and do any
service
work on Japanese radios, you might want to buy a set of JIS
(Japanese
Industrial Standard) screwdrivers.  The cross drive is different
from the
Phillips or Frearson (Reed & Prince).  Compatible screw heads are
usually
identifiable by a single depressed dot or an "X" to one side of the
cross
slot. This is a screw standard throughout the Asia market and
Japanese
imports. The driver has a 57° point with a flat tip.

73, Charlie k3ICH