I bought the K3/10 without 100w PA or ATU. I bought it mainly for superior specs on CW, low phase noise, and versatility with transverters on bands above 6m. I am into eme and mw! The K3 is better (marginally) at this than the KX3, but physically larger so not so handy to haul out to remote locations where one is hand carrying gear (often up a steep trail).

So, I also have the KX3. Mainly for 6m & 2m (when the new module comes out) and to interface with mw gear to use on those "high places" with excellent shots needed for DX on microwave. It may turn out the KX3 rivals the K3 for operating on dxpeditions (especially eme dxpeditions) due to size.

Want the KX3 to have most of the features of the K3 then add the KXPA100 and ATU. What a nice line-up for mobile!

My solution is to buy both!  Then you have it all.

Oh did I say I also use both radios on 600m.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: