My Humble thoughts Ive had my K3 for 2 years can't imagine going back to my old rig.

here is what I got.
K3/100
with
KAT3 auto tuner
KXV3A RX Ant., IF Out and Xverter Interface
2.8 filter
1.8 filter
250hz filter

after 2 years I doubt that the 2.8 filter was really worth it. the 2.7 would have been fine. the 1.8 does help in big contests were you have big guns a few KHZ away from the QRP you are trying to work. but otherwise it to wasn't really needed but Im glad i have it.
Im happy I have the 250HZ  both for contesting CW and PSK
haven't used the KXV3A yet. was planning a beverage for RX and it hasn't happened yet. also will be getting P3 soon. so good thing I have the KXV3A anyway.

I would have been fine with K3/100 +  KAT3 + 250hz filter

still wanting P3 badly. plus general coverage receive band pass filters and FM filter as it will do AM as well. you dont really need the KTCXO3-1 for most digital modes like PSK Hell MFSK etc but if you plan to use frequency sensitive modes like JT65 its a must. I play digital alot and never had an issue.

By the way its not the cool aid that made me go K3. its just that the K3 is a damn good rig period!

David Moes
VE3DVY