There was some discussion about the effects when on receive as well, I seem to think another manufacturer, not Electraft and not one of the 'big 3' was shown to be quite poor with it's radiated signals even on receive. Or, did I read the lab reports incorrectly?

Dave (G0DJA)

----- Original Message ----- Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Why is KX3 phase noise so much less than the K3 ?

Like Don said, "not in receive", but in transmit, driving an Alpha 9500 to the full 1500 out, a close neighbor (about 5 blocks away) was noticeable on my K3 within 5-10 KHz of his transmit frequency. That said, the FTdx5000 was MUCH cleaner than the FT-1000MP he had prior to obtaining the 5000. The phase noise & key clicks from the 1000MP were horrendous but at least his huge signal did not pump the K3's AGC unless he was within my 400Hz filter passband.