First of all, the ARRL is showing (as you note) transmitted phase noise. Rob lists receiver phase noise. Ideally, they should be the same, but are they really?

Second, there can be significant test sample variation and variation between phase noise test sets.*

Third, phase noise measurements aren't trivial. Witness the dozens of application notes and articles dealing with the subject. ARRL's own Test Procedures Manual states: " *NOTE: Composite noise setup is very sensitive to environment noise. Use of common-mode ferrite chokes may be required if test fixture problems are encountered as described in the procedure for this test." In my working career I have seldom seen or made, a phase noise plot that wasn't corrupted by 60Hz spurs, for example.

* Rob himself summarizes this on his website: http://www.sherweng.com/images/MeasurementAccuracy&SampleVariation.pdf

And last, but certainly not least, why get bent out of shape over one number. Rob does at once a service and disservice by publishing his charts. They are extremely handy but too many people jump on one number to rate (rank) equipment and totally disregard things like ergonomics (If they didn't the K3 would be at the bottom of the list). He recognizes this in his closing paragraph of the above referenced work. We should pay it more heed.

Wes  N7WS