I have always used home brewed interfaces, mostly using optos but some with
simple transistor switches. I run FSK exclusively(if possible). With the K3
simple audio cables for receive, on the Kenwood & Yaesu rigs a transformer
on receive. Simple job, simple circuit. With the KX3 all that is needed is
simple cables from Elecraft.

--
Jim K0XU
j...@rhodesend.net