Hi Bob,

Turning the power knob and reading the power in the lower display is not
really an indication that the K3 is putting out that same amount of power.
You would need to set the K3 meter to display power output. (Hold the DISP
button until the RF bar appears below the S units). I suspect the meter will
agree with the W2 and that you are not putting out any power.

Is it possible that your digital software is not activating the VOX or PTT.
If VOX is the issue it might be a simple matter of increasing the VOX GN
menu setting.

73,
Mike K2MK

Bob KD7YZ wrote