Also, the K2 is a great radio with 1999 technology. The KX3 is a great radio
with 2012 technology. Because a lot of that technology is computers (DSP), that
decade-plus allows some big advances.

On the other hand, I've seen some used K2's at very attractive prices. A used
K2 might be the best deal in ham radio.

wunder
K6WRU

--