I thought about this problem for a few minutes a few months ago.  Decided it
was not worth the
hassle.  Therefore, if I want a larger screen for the P3 then I would use an
SVGA monitor that
could be bought for $50 to $150 depending on lots of variables.

But, if you want full rig control (logging at least) on a Mac then the there
are a handful of products
that do that but they do not include panadapter features (as far as I know).

As someone has suggested, you could possible use a frame grabber which would
take the SVGA
output of the P3/SVGA and then display the results with a suitable app on your
mac but that seems
to be going way overboard and I am betting with less than excellent results.
Fast real-time response
on the P3 screen may be difficult with a frame grabber approach.

I think there could be a great "market" (although likely free software) for a
good Mac interface to
a K3 or KX3 that is akin to something like the Flex Radio PC software.  This
would require something
different then a P3, the LP-Pan type solution instead of a P3, but the KX3
could interface directly with
its I/Q output.

73, phil, K7PEH