Ed,

I disagree. While the bonding and grounding recommended as standard sound good, there are times when even that is inadequate.

I had a lightning discharge over my home in NJ - no direct hit, just huge induced currents in all cables, wires, etc., in the house. The hair rose on my arm before the discharge.

I lost serial interfaces on a laser printer (no outside connection), Daisy wheel printer (same), computer motherboard (same save for AC power, but the power supply was unaffected.)

I am a firm believer in disconnecting all cables and wires, including ground wires. I have never had lightning damage when I do so.

We now live in Florida, lightning capital of North America. The only lightning damage I've had is to a cable modem, and a K3 disconnected from aerials and power but not my computer.

Monty K2DLJ

So it would be my guess that the important wire connections to
disconnect are the ones that go outside the station:  all ac electric
connections, all antennas, all telco/internet connections.  Interface
wiring between pieces of equipment in one room should not be an issue
as long as the "outside" world is disconnected. That should lessen
the number of cables to disconnect.