On 7/16/2014 12:13 PM, AG0N-3055 wrote:
I'm not much of a network person, but I believe UDP packets are tossed out with no error correction at all (like unproto X25 packet).

I am a network person. When you use UDP, it is up to the protocol layer above to handle dropped packets.

For example, a volume knob should send a value, not just +1 or -1, and in a remote environment, it'd be good to send a full set of "settings" periodically.

... or each UDP command could require an ACK via UDP.

Or a few dozen other answers.

For voice, where latency is more important than dropped sound, you usually don't try to replace the lost packets.

73 -- Lynn